Friday, October 2, 2009

No veggies? No problem!


Do you have anyone in your family who doesn't like veggies? Well, here is an easy, freezable, recipe that will save the day! I got my idea from wholesomebabyfood.com but changed it so much that now I'm claiming it as my own...

Veggie Nuggets:

2 16 oz bags of frozen veggies, cooked, drained, and chopped
2 cups wheat germ or whole wheat baby cereal
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 large eggs

Preheat oven to 375
Coat baking sheet with olive oil
Combine ingredients and mix well
Make each nugget the size of a small fist full
Bake for 25 minutes
Recipe makes about 45 nuggets.
I put these nuggets in baggies with three in each bag and freeze them. Then when Hyrum needs some veggies with his meal I give him a couple of these nuggets. Or when I don't have time to cook, this is an instant healthy meal for him! His favorite veggie nuggets use a bag of frozen broccoli and a bag of mixed veggies (corn, carrots, peas, green beans).

THIS IS NOT ONLY FOR BABIES!!! Everyone likes them:)

1 comment:

Gardners said...

Nice to see you finally joined the blog club!! It looks so cute! I can't believe how big Hyrum is! What a cutie patootie!